Wednesday, July 18, 2007

How I spent the 4th of July

Well the day was really not much to speak of during the day... just some lying about the house trying to decide what we wanted to do for the evening. I put in a call to Rebecca around 4 to see where she and Mia were going to watch fireworks, and as it turned out they had planned to got to the Bon-Aire. That is where I really wanted to go too, so that worked out well. Isabella and I headed out to the beach. Knowing what I do about the traffic patterns later on the 4th. I decided to park at Crabby Bill's and walk the rest of the way down to the show. I thought I would stop and get a milkshake at the Chick-fil-a on the way but they were closed. So we stopped at the DQ two doors down and got one. Slowly killing time, we went on ahead to the Bon-Aire and headed out to stake out some good beach to see the show. Isabella played in the sand and surf, i tried to keep her as dry as possible. We had a nice hour or so at the shoreline. Well we finally met up with Rebecca and moved to where she and Mia had set up camp to watch the rest of the show. We were about as close as you could be to the fireworks launch site (see that caution tape in the background). The noise was tremendous but it didn't seem to bother Isabella at all but I did cover her ears as often as she would let me. Then this happened. The explosions broke 27 windows in the hotel and sent two to the hospital with cuts from shattered glass. Our little party broke up quickly after that. I think Isabella was more upset with me throwing her down in the sand and laying myself on top oh her than bothered by the explosions. She didn't know that that wasn't supposed to happen. After a long sandy and sweaty walk back to Crabby's we made it home safely. Only to find out that the Treasure Island display blew up too. ... Up next Birthday Party
Be Good

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said.